Copyright & Credits
Last revision: 23 September 2019
Ownership of copyright
The copyright in this website and the material on this website (including without limitation the text, computer code, artwork, photographs, images, music, audio material, video material and audio-visual material on this website) is owned by the Netherlands Polar Data Center (hereafter refered to as ‘NPDC’) and/or the researcher who collected or submitted the material unless stated otherwise.
General copyright license
NPDC grants to you a worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free revocable license to:
- view this website and the material on this website on a computer or mobile device via a web browser;
- copy and store this website and the material on this website in your web browser cache memory;
- download and use data files in compliance with the access and use constraints specified on the download page when general or personal access has been granted; and
- print pages from this website for your own use.
- use the code of this website as published on github under an MIT license to host your own national polar data center.
NPDC does not grant you any other rights in relation to this website or the material on this website. In other words, all other rights are reserved.
The automated and/or systematic collection of data from this website is allowed without prior written consent of NPDC as long as it doesn't negatively impact or disrupts our service. We do appreciate a notification of harvesting including the purpose and frequency of harvesting and contact information of the person or organization responsible for the harvesting. If we notice that the harvesting is disrupting our service we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently limit or block the harvesting.
You may request permission to use materials to which access is restricted by using the appropriate forms on the website.
If you become aware of any material on the website that you believe infringes your or any other person's copyright, please report this by email to info[at]npdc.nl or by post to Landsdiep 4, 1797 SZ Den Hoorn, Texel, The Netherlands.
The copyright section and terms page are created using a Contractology template available at http://www.contractology.com.
Several icons, including , & , are available from IcoMoon under a Creative commons 4.0 Attribution license.